Become a network partner
Distribution networks undertaking innovative smart grid trials can get involved as a network partner.
DNOs looking to get involved should:
- Be responsible for supplying and distributing electricity to connected customers;
- Be actively implementing or intending to implement smart grid initiatives on their network;
- Be collaborating with a community-led organisation and/or social enterprise, or have the intention to do so in the future; and
- Be proactive in their approach towards a just, net zero energy future.
Network partners share key insights drawn from the challenges that they face in implementing smart grids. DNOs help shape and contribute to the research programme led by the University of Oxford and supported by the Enel Foundation. They promote their projects through the website and nominate a community partner to join the partnership
- Have demonstrated interest in community-led energy activities;
- Represent the views of a range of customers;
- Are implementing or planning to implement smart energy initiatives within their local community
- Own community energy assets or have an aspiration to own community energy assets in the near future.
Community partners bring insights learnt from their deep knowledge of their community to the partnership. And to share insights, challenges and barriers that they have faced in their ability to implement smart energy projects within their community.